Hycamite calls for an ambitious FuelEU Maritime Regulation
The FuelEU Maritime negotiations continue and are entering the final straight
The FuelEU Maritime negotiations continue and are entering the final straight. Climate-neutral shipping is possible - but it needs renewable hydrogen-based fuels. Therefore it´s especially important that the binding 2 % sub-quota for renewable fuels of non-biological origin (RFNBOs), proposed by the European Parliament, will be included in the final agreement. This provides investment security for projects and shipping companies alike.
Hycamite, together with 47 signatories representing the whole value chain of green fuels including suppliers, users and maritime technology enablers, has written a joint letter to the European legislators.
In it, we therefore call for:
- stronger GHG-intensity limits and promote the use of e-fuels through a multiplier
- maintaining the proposed binding 2 % sub-quota for RFNBOs
- applying the sub-quota to all shipping companies
- rewarding investments in zero-emission vessels
- supporting financially the fuel and technological transition
The EU can take the lead in green shipping. An ambitious legislation leads to shipping contributing its share to climate-neutral mobility.
Read the press release